Changing of the guard at Gråsten castle

Friday, July 24th
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary are on vacation with their four children at Gråsten castle and today the royals watched changing of the guard.


As you know I have a special love for this vacation. It has become kind of a tradition for the royal family members to watch the changing of the guard at Gråsten. I remember when Princess Isabella was only a few years old, she was wearing a red dress and played with a red ballon. It ran off and a guard caught it and handed it over to her, here. A moment I haven't forgot all these years. The Crown Prince family are now joined by the Queen and Prince Henrik who arrived from a visit to Greenland. I have seen some pictures from the visit and I really think the couple had a good time visiting Greenland. The Crown Prince couple also seems to enjoy their vacation in Denmark along with all four children. I like the fact that they are protecting the kids from the photographers and journalists. Now I might sound old, but to see the kids grow up is fantastic. Prince Christian is now a young man similar to his dad, just like his brother Prince Vincent though he is a bit more shy. I really enjoy the pictures from today when the family watched changing of the guard. Everyone of them seems to be in a really good mood. Another thing I look forward is to see the family once again tomorrow at the annual summer photocall. Maybe we also get the change to see Prince Joachim and Princess Marie with their children. I hope so. 


Both Prince Christian and Prince Vincent were dressed in similar clothes as their father. Prince Vincent probably wore a shirt from Poppy Rose, here. While their sister Princess Isabella wore a Poppy Rose blouse and a Norlie, here, skirt similar to Mary. Princess Josephine even wore the same sandals as her sister thought she was wearing shorts and a white lace blouse like her brothers. One thing I noticed is how well-dressed they all are -also Mary. She kinda surprised me with what she wore during her day at Gråsten. A really lovely outfit. A new A-line skirt and a matching blouse featuring the same beautiful print. With help from Ida, I learned that Mary's popular set is from the Danish designer SAND Copenhagen. Thank you so much Ida for your help, it's very much appreciated. I would love to add the set to my personal wardrobe. Burgundy is one of my favourite colours. I think it could be a set you either really like or hate. What's your opinion? She matched the new floral set with her beige suede wedges from Tod's. She embrace the style by wearing a necklace from Ole Lynggaard Copenhagen, two bracelets from Anni Lu and a new one from jewellery designer Charlotte Wæhrens. Thanks to Pernille and Kate for sharing your findings with me. Another thing I would like to learn, is how to get my hair as Mary's. I love this casual hairstyle, but I haven't learned the trick yet. Some day I will. A wonderful example of how to look fabulous in your spare time.

Blouse: SAND Copenhagen Bala Blouse
Skirt: SAND Copenhagen Norma Skirt
Necklace: Ole Lynggaard Copenhagen Lotus Collier
Pendant: Ole Lynggaard Copenhagen Medallion Pendant
Pendant: Ole Lynggaard Copenhagen Lotus Pendant
Pendant: Ole Lynggaard Copenhagen Lotus Pendant
Bracelet: Anni Lu Mess Army Bracelet
Bracelet: Anni Lu Fun Bracelet Army
Bracelet: Charlotte Wæhrens Rainbow Bracelet w. Saphires
Wedges: Tod's Suede Peep-Toe Wedges 

No comments:

Post a Comment