Day 1. Official state visit to Japan

Thursday, March 26

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary are on official state visit to Japan from March 26-28th as a part of a Greenlandic business promotion. 

Program: Tokyo 
  • 2:00 pm. Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary attended a seminar on fish and Shellfish.
  • 2:50 pm. Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary visited Kyu Asakura Ke Jutaku garden. 
  • 4:00 pm. The Crown Prince couple attended a seminar about the Arctic. 
  • 6:30 pm. Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary attended Greenlandic Music.
  • 7:45 pm. The Crown Prince couple attended a welcoming dinner. 

Crown Prince Frederik & Crown Princess Mary during their first day in Tokyo

We are just so spoiled these days! Only about a week ago the Crown Prince couple attended the state visit of the King and Queen of the Netherlands while staying in Copenhagen. It only lasted a couple of days but I enjoyed every single moment. And now Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary are on the go again. This time the couple are on an official state visit to Tokyo, Japan. The visit is part of promoting Greenland in Japan which is why the couple travel accompanied by a Greenlandic business delegation. Also Minister of Food Dan Jørgensen, Minister of Hunting, Fishing and Farming Karl Kristian Kruse and Greenlandic politician Kim Kielsen have joined the Danish royal couple while visiting Japan.
Frederik and Mary began the state visit with a seminar on fish and shellfish followed by a visit to the Kyu Asakura Ke Jutaku garden -referred to as traditional style. Well, I wouldn't mind paying the garden a visit if I ever are going to Toyko. The sun was shining and everything I see is that the couple enjoyed to start the day in these surroundings. They were given a guided tour around the garden by the former home owner from the Asakura family. Before attending dinner in the evening, Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess joined yet another seminar and attended Greenlandic Music event.

If I was told I had to spend three days in Japan accompanied by ministers, a business delegation and probably 200 photographers and journalists from all around the world, I for sure would be scared for a moment. Secondly, I would go crazy for what to wear! Japan and Denmark are different cultures in many ways, also when it comes to fashion. So, what would you choose to wear? Well, Mary chose something very simple with only little accessories. It is the second time she's wearing that double breasted Stella McCartney coat featuring a snake print. Thanks to all of you who reminded me that Mary has worn the coat before. Sometimes it is hard to chose between plain dark or bright colours, but I think Mary did a great job this time by mixing it up.  She paired the coat with black trousers and Prada ballet flats. At first I was sure she was wearing her flats from Chanel, but thanks to Royalista they have correctly been identified as Prada. When comparing the two of them I figured out that they are indeed very much alike. It was only when the couple visited the Kyu Asakura Ke Jutaku garden she wore the flats. Afterwards Mary changed to a pair of nude pumps from Christian Louboutin. With Hartmann's earrings, a couple of diamond rings from Ole Lynggaard Copenhagen and a suede clutch from Hugo Boss Mary simply amazed me with her beauty. 


Coat: Stella McCartney Edwige Coat
Earrings: Hartmann's
Rings: Ole Lynggaard Copenhagen
Clutch: Hugo Boss Soada Suede Clutch (black)
Shoes: Christian Louboutin Simple Pump Patent 85 mm


Crown Prince Frederik & Crown Princess Mary attending dinner


Around 7:45 pm. local time the Crown Prince couple arrived to attend a dinner on occasion of their visit in Tokyo. Only very few pictures and articles have been published from the dinner taking place in the evening which is quite a shame. I'd love to have know a little more of what was going on during the evening. From what I see I think the couple had a great evening in each others company. Also Minister of Food Dan Jørgensen, Minister of Hunting, Fishing and Farming Karl Kristian Kruse and Greenlandic politician Kim Kielsen attended the dinner. Speeches were given and time were set to have a chat.

Fortunately, it does not take that many pictures for me to make a loooong and complicated comment on what she was wearing at the dinner. But don't worry, I won't do that. Still, I feel desire to share my thoughts with you. It is with help from owner of Treasures & Tiaras I share with you the identify of Mary's brand new sky blue lace dress. It is from Dolce & Gabbana (AW14). Never thought of that designer myself but I am in no doubt that she is right. It features the most incredible details -long lace sleeves, a beautiful neckline, stunning silhouette and lovely colour! The lack of pictures does make it a bit difficult for me to judge what kind of jewellery she's wearing. I see a pair of diamond earrings, a thin golden bracelet and a rather large blue ring. All perfectly matched the dress, even the new grey suede pumps matched! To me it looks like a pair of Gianvito Rossi pumps and a grey Hugo Boss clutch the same model as earlier in the day in another colour. I’m one of those girls who adore lace and pastel colours! So for me it does not get any better than this. 

Dress: Dolce & Gabbana 
Clutch: Hugo Boss Soada Suede Clutch (black)
Shoes: Gianvito Rossi Suede Point-Toe Pumps

No comments:

Post a Comment